This weekend was our last weekend in our class Managing Schools with Dr. Buckmiller. We were engaged in a variety of hands-on experiences which challenged teachers to think through eyes of administrators/leaders. The most exciting take-away for me was being involved in the school layout placement and classroom assignments. We had to use our management expertise to develop a school building master plan. This was a very engaging activity. This was just one of the many tasks that a principal must manage.
Throughout, the learning experiences provided by Tom through Managing School, I am now more knowledgeable in describing the differences between an educational leader vs. an educational manager. I hope to someday begin the role as a school leader, and I will refer to the learning experiences achieved in Managing Schools.
I also really felt like I learned many things about the layout of a school and classroom assignments. These were valuable experiences we were able to go through in a safe environment.
ReplyDelete