Leadership vs. Management was a Big Idea that I truly began to reflect upon. I never really viewed them as two separate administrative roles. However, I began to see the balance needed within these roles the administrator must portray in order to maintain a successful school. I reviewed the list of items that Tom gave us in class to determine leadership/management. Working with other cohort members and having collaborative conversations helped me to understand the separation of these roles.
I truly enjoyed listening to our guest speakers: Jerrid Kruse, and Deron Durflinger. I never really stopped to think of technology in a manner that Jerrid had described. Is it meaningful? As educators, we are advised/instructed to incorporate technology. Are we asked, is it meaningful. Do we use the technology because we must? Do we test students on what they have learned by using the technology? I think educational games on the internet are great for supplemental usage. I find it very disturbing when the technology piece is being used for sole instruction. So my question is: Are teachers going to become extinct?
I enjoyed listening to Mr. Durflinger, from Van Meter High School. The video he showed us was amazing. It is apparent that most schools are heading toward the one to one technology approach to education. I don't think most schools are there just yet. School funds might be the deciding factor to whether or not schools will receive one to one computers. I was amazed to see Mr. Durlinger's blog page. I don't think many administrators or teachers know how to blog and tweet. I am becoming more comfortable with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment